This service allows residents to rake leaves onto the PARKWAY in front of their homes on scheduled dates for pick-up by the city crews.
● TO AVOID FINES, PLEASE DO NOT RAKE LEAVES INTO THE STREET.
● Place leaves in a narrow pile or row in the grassy area between the sidewalk and curb.
● If your area is without curbs, place the leaves within 5 feet of the street.
● Avoid raking leaves into ditches or drainage swales.
● To avoid towing, do not park your vehicles on the street on scheduled pick-up dates.
● Leaves must be raked onto the parkway by 7:00 AM on the dates scheduled.
● Once your street has been cleaned, the City crews will not be back until the second
● Only brown paper lawn bags OR your Republic yard waste tote (green or blue) can be
used between pick-ups.
This section is east of the Union Pacific Railroad tracks from 26th Street on the south to the City limits on the north.
This section is bordered by Thorn Creek, Chicago Road and Dixie Highway on the west; the Union Pacific Railroad tracks on the east, 26th Street on the south, and Joe Orr Road on the north.
This section is west of Thorn Creek, between Route 30 on the north and the Elgin, Joliet and Eastern Railroad tracks on the south.
This section is west of Chicago Road and Dixie Highway, from Route 30 on the south to Joe Orr Road on the north.
The entire section north of Joe Orr Road.