2017 SUPPLEMENTAL LEAF PICK-UP PROGRAM AND STREET SWEEPING
This service allows residents to rake leaves onto the PARKWAY in front of their homes on scheduled dates for pick-up by the city crews.
Before your collection:
● TO AVOID FINES, PLEASE DO NOT RAKE LEAVES INTO THE STREET.
● Place leaves in a narrow pile or row in the grassy area between the sidewalk and curb.
● If your area is without curbs, place the leaves within 5 feet of the street.
● Avoid raking leaves into ditches or drainage swales.
● To avoid towing, do not park your vehicles on the street on scheduled pick-up dates.
● Leaves must be raked onto the parkway by 7:00 AM on the dates scheduled.
● Once your street has been cleaned, the City crews will not be back until the second
● Only brown paper lawn bags OR your Republic yard waste tote (green or blue) can be
used between pick-ups.
The Street Department has divided the City into five sections for its supplemental leaf collection and City workers will pick-up leaves from the parkway according to a schedule that sets two separate dates in each of the five sections. The dates for placement of leaves on the parkway in each City section are as follows:
SECTION 5. Monday, October 23th & Wednesday, December 13th
This section is east of the Union Pacific Railroad tracks from 26th Street on the south to the City limits on the north.
SECTION 4. Thursday, October 26th & Monday, November 20th
This section is bordered by Thorn Creek, Chicago Road and Dixie Highway on the west; the Union Pacific Railroad tracks on the east, 26th Street on the south, and Joe Orr Road on the north.
SECTION 3. Wednesday, November 1st & Monday, November 27th
This section is west of Thorn Creek, between Route 30 on the north and the Elgin, Joliet and Eastern Railroad tracks on the south.
SECTION 2. Tuesday, November 7th & Thursday, November 30th
This section is west of Chicago Road and Dixie Highway, from Route 30 on the south to Joe Orr Road on the north.
SECTION 1. Tuesday, November 14th & Wednesday, December 6th
The entire section north of Joe Orr Road.